Well after 2 full dresses and 2 muslins later, I decided I was happy with the pattern adjustments. I had to shorten the back bodice and used the back waistband from the size up pattern. I also had to go up a cup size on the front bodice pieces. On a heavier woman I felt like there was just too much gathering on the back. I could size down the front waistband still, but I am happy with it for now. I am sure I will be making this pattern again, but I needed to get this dress done for my trip. I also used some top stitching not sure if I like how it turned out or not. It seemed like a good idea at the time, lol.
The fabric I chose although gorgeous, was a PITA to work with, all those little sparkles and studs caused my machine to jump skip and stop. And gathering was not easy either because of them.
I was thrilled with the patterns suggestion to use a glue stick for the zipper. I will not be ever doing a zipper without a gluestick. It was so much easier. I love the Sis Boom pattern directions, I can't say enough about them. They can get you through anything. Yes I have been a seamstress for a while, but I generally have avoided anything fitted and lined or clothing for myself in general. My body is not easy to fit, not even a little bit. I have a very large rib cage and belly and a small chest. But with all the suggestions on the pattern I could adjust to get a good fit for me.
So on to the pics, I am also not fantastically photogenic and these pics don't do the dress justice but it shows how it turned out. I guess I am more critical because I can see all the little things I wish I would have done differently. But really its a pretty dress and I will look nice when we dress up and go out to eat on vacation!